Wednesday, April 1, 2009

so much to say; so little time!

I just can't believe how time flies around here! It really is amazing... plus, it makes John and I feel old too. We are simply having a great time with our clan; watching everyone grow--which seems to be happening right in front of eyes. For instance, Channing has officially passed up his oh so tall mother... of 5'2.5" by an inch. He is such a terrific kid showing maturity and care in so many ways. John and I are loving watching him grow up into a young man who loves the Lord with his own compassion and convictions.
Peyton is growing like crazy too! He is probably only an inch behind me in height and will quickly be surpassing me. He is doing so well on his studies; writing well and advancing beyond his peers in his studies in all subjects. We are really proud of him! All three of the older boys began their baseball teams when we returned from our Spring break vacation a two weeks ago. Therefore we are juggling 3 team schedules-- crazy! But I am sure that like everything else that we do there will never be a dull moment :)
Avery is really joining the ranks of the "older boys" this year from his academics to his social life. He is such a joy but also I have to keep on this little guy; if he can skate around studies or chores he will find a way! I have been placing a lot more responsibilities on him which has been good for the ol' character development. :) Oh the joys of parenting....
Killian is growing up into such a toddler! No longer baby in any way. He tries to say words or will occasionally mimic something to our delight; but never on command. The little stinker keeps us begging for his language development. And we know that he could speak if he wanted to! ...little pill. He was sick for quite a bit of the latter part of the winter. Nothing serious; fevers and sinusitus issues. He was really struggling with feeling cheerful and we had really missed our easy going darling Killian. But he seems to have gained some new found health even just over the past few days so we are so grateful! He is running around like crazy and his new found fun seems to be tackling and playing with the rest of the brothers especially Finley. It is so cute seeing those two roll around on the floor!
Finley is as hilarious and entertaining as ever. He is such a cutie pie; everyone everywhere just loves him. I keep imagining what God has in store for his future? Probably something with public speaking I imagine...and maybe a bit of stunt work on the side :) He is enjoying doing "school work" right along Maribella this year. He loves books and is eager to learn right along with the rest of the brood. In fact, all of the kids love books and even Killian will sit for several minutes independently looking over books with the utmost of care. It is crazy! I told John that he simply seems so eager to learn....what a joy. I have thoroughly enjoyed our schooling this year. I took to a bit of a different approach to our schooling method and it really payed off in many areas; one being delight in our days. I can't say enough about the blessing of having all the kids at home learning together and being a part of one anothers lives day in and day out.
Once a week the kids joined up with other homeschoolers and took part in some terrific classes. Channing and Peyton were a part of a Chemistry class (can you believe it; at 11 and 13?), world geography --where they aced the states, continents, countries in Central and South America, and then moved on to Africa and Western Europe. Avery took an art class, game playing class, cooking class, and a science class. Maribella really warmed up to it all and thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the grade school aged children too and meeting some new little girls her age. She is blossoming into such a sweetie! What a helper she has become around here with Killian and also with kitchen duties. I am so happy to have my little daughter by my side helping me and shadowing my days....

5 comments:

Anna said...

I love to hear all about the kiddos!

Jenne said...

great post!! I love to hear about Maribella helping you in the kitchen. Can't wait until Eve's help is a little more...helpful! :) Great pictures too. You have the most adorable children!

tlforsythe said...

What a beautiful family....it was great to spend some time today. Glad to see some new photos. :) What a difference in Killian in such a short time!

tlforsythe said...

We want new pics!! Pu tthose boys of yours to work! :)

Carrie said...

I cannot believe how big all your kids are. Killian looks so much like John.