Saturday, February 16, 2008

What's missing...?

So...I thought that this was worthy of a post: Killian was left for the very first time!  We had been on a few dates (not enough!) with Killian and it was time to let the little rascal stay behind with his sibblings.  My oh so wonderful friend Rachael insisted that he stay behind in her care (with the other 5, plus her own 3--as two of hers were missing) .  I was so blessed by her absolute kindness and selflessness exhibited to John and I.  We really had a great time..with just US!    We went to a local pizza place called The Toad House.  They have terrific toppings, handmade crust, and natural organic ingredients.  Plus, they have a 300 count beer list!  Now, as many of you may (or may not) know I have had one beer in my life (a Killian's Red in Nashville that took me 2 hours to drink!) and I thought it was about time to abolish my record and ordered a very "foofy" girly beer- a delicious bavarian framboise- - yummy!  After visiting and enjoying our meal we went to a movie that was pretty good.  I really enjoyed my time with just John; and although Killian is such a terrific baby, being with just my honey was such a luxury and greatly appreciated. 
Our 13 plus years of marriage are doing us well as we both continue to strive to love one another the way the other needs and the way that God truly desires for us to.  I love John so much and admire his tremendous patience and selflessness towards me.  He is truly a man desiring to be more like Christ with his actions and his heart.  I can say with complete and utter abandonment that I look forward to whatever life has for us as long as he is by my side..... 

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I'm glad you and John were able to get some "couple" time. And you look absolutely beautiful, as usual. I think of you MOPS ladies often. I was just thinking about Teresa Greene today and wondering how she is doing.
Take care,
Rhonda W.