Thursday, March 13, 2008

Grandparents

We are so blessed to have a large and loving extended family.  The challenge is making the time to get around visiting everyone!  It seems that by the time we have made our rounds it is time to circulate through again which is great fun for the kids and grandparents alike.  



We are so thankful for the extra love (and helping hands!) from our parents and how much the great grandparents  love to shower treats and gifts on the kids.  


Maribella loves Tutu, my grandparents dog.  They have a sweet time together when we go visit them in Allyn.  I used to stay with my grandparents for a week or two in the summer when I was a little girl; those are some of my sweetest and most favorite memories of special time with them.  Grandma and I would watch The Love Boat and Fantasy Island with a big bowl of popcorn and ice cream to follow...yummy!  I would drag her out by the lake by 10am  the following morning to swim for hours as she diligently (and fearfully--she can't swim) would watch me.  Grandma took me fishing and to the golf course to practice a swing or two.  
I know that our kids will have special memories when they are sitting in my place, watching their own kids grow before their eyes.  I wish that I had photos of all the grandparents here, but we are missing a few!  My mom is in the top photo holding Killian, my grandma Tordis is in the photo with Avery , and my dad is here at the bottom with the kids helping me out on a Wednesday morning by driving the boys to their Off Campus program.  Due to sicknesses and general life we are missing pictures (and visits!) with John's folks and my (other) dad.  This post just isn't complete with all of them so I will display those photos as soon as we get them!  

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

What great pictures! I don't have any grandparents left so my kids don't have the benefit of that connection anymore. Some of my best memories are of going to grandpa and grandma's house too!

Minnie said...

You guys are sooooooo stinkin cute!! I have saved a bunch of your pictures to my work computer so I can show them off. Love you guys and I can't wait to see you!
Kimberley Rasmussen

tlforsythe said...

Adorable as usual! What a blessing to have all that family!!
SO, how did you get the dog to smile for that picture? :)