Friday, January 15, 2010

"The Martin Family Christmas"

Look at this handsome band of boys posing in their new jammies. These young fellas are all cousins on the Martin side. Each Christmas we have a wonderful time gathering for a weekend at a "swimming destination" of sorts. The requirement has always been that their must be a pool for the grandkids to enjoy. The kids look forward to this as one of the great highlights of their year and of their Christmas. Uncle Launie and Aunt Janie spoil us profusely (which I am not complaining about!); they are so full of love and energy, and fun times! These are times that we will look on for years to come with such joy and thankfulness--times to bring the family together. Brian and Jill live in southern California and were unable to make it here with Nikki and Gary. We missed them but understand the difficulty of getting away during Christmas! Hopefully next year.... Dan and Juli also didn't make it to our Hampton Inn extravaganza.
Here is a shot of the kids tearing into their loot in the banquet room that was all ours. Each year they get a stocking full of treats and little toys or gag gifts. Needless to say, they always enjoy these treasures. My favorite thing that they receive year after year from Uncle Launie and Aunt Janie is Hanna Andersson jammies! They are so soft, comfy, bright, and cheerful... the kids always look fantastic in their new Hanna jams. Thanks Uncle Launie and Aunt Janie~we love you!
Avery loves Uncle Erik. He is #6 of the Martin siblings. John's youngest bro. The kids all adore him!
Helene and Maribella have really begun to develop a darling friendship the past 1 1/2 years. Helene is 9 and a real sweetie. Lots of hugs and playtime to share....
The big cousins hamming it up...what a great shot! This year was introduced a new facet of fun and entertainment at the Martin Family Christmas: a talent show! Or like John more accurately assesses it as the Gong Show.... :) (Yes, I realize some of my readers are too young to even know what exactly the Gong Show is!) We had some great amusements alright! The cousins sang a rendition of the 12 Days of Christmas personalized to us the Martin's. It was fabulous! Written by Duane; John's oldest brother. John sang his annual performance of Grandma Got Ran Over By a Reindeer...amazing of course--especially since Channing assisted him this year along with Gabriella's interpretive dance to the song. It was hilarious I tell ya! This year was wonderful....I can't wait to see what Christmas 2010 will hold for us.

3 comments:

Anna said...

next year I want to see videos of the talent!

tanna said...

Anna, I DO have a video of John, Chan, and Gabriella doing their "amazing" song. I guess I need to get a youtube account...
Thanks for the encouragement :)

Anonymous said...

Great family traditions! So glad you had such a great Christmas break!! Take care Ihampers.co.uk