Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring

So, Spring is here (even though the weather tells us otherwise) and activities and fun are abounding in our household-- hence the lack of posts!  We have been so busy, launching into baseball, celebrating Easter, also celebrating Chan's 12th birthday, and still enduring viruses with the little kiddos.  
Maribella wore her lovely tutu for three days before she finally let me wash the leotard.  My mom made the outfit for her for Christmas and she loves it!  I am intending to be looking into a dance class for her to join.  I think that she would really love it.  What a lovely balerina.....
Look at these lovely Easter girls!  Here's a snapshot of our wonderful Easter celebration.  This year we hosted several families over for a delicious buffet of lamb, orzo pasta, focaccia, and other mediterranean delicacies.  It was a terrific time celebrating in the resurrection of our risen Lord.  The kids were having a blast with friends of theirs from church as they had an adventuresome egg hunt down stairs due to the extremely frigid and wet weather.  The dads were the super egg hiders-- apparently there was even an egg hidden in a light cam!  
Finley and Avery were as dapper as ever, and also getting a good laugh out of Kristy.  It looks like Finley was doing some kind of goofy act as usual.  Kung Fu anyone?
My mom and dad didn't join us for Easter dinner but they did come by to give us some loves.  I so love my dad...  Avery of course had to join in the picture; he is such a ham.  He is all about seeing pictures of himself and wanting to look his best.  Notice the tie?  He is the boy around here always asking, "how do I look?"  I think we have a little vanity to nip!  He is such a cutie pie though....

4 comments:

tlforsythe said...

Like your updated look for Spring!
It's great to see new pictures of your sweet family.

Minnie said...

WOW! Your children are so cute! I am so very excited to see you all in June. Tell everyone hi from Wes and I.

Anonymous said...

Spring ~ you have to be kidding! Saturday was just a teaser, but we are back to the cold and wet again ~ blah!! I remember John liking to wear a tie and suit to church, so Avery comes by it naturally!
Grandma Martin

john and tanna said...

Yes Mom, Avery's good nature and handsome looks often remind me of his daddy... which I love to see! ~T