Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happenings...

Yes, the children experienced a shark attack... well, kind of. We took our dear friends to the zoo to kick off our school year. I felt like it was a good idea to "ease" the kids (uh.. well, me really) into another stimulating year of academics by tantalizing their eager brains with some animal adventures. We had a really fun day; packed a lunch and the older kids helped us mommies keep an eye on the wee little ones and explored the Tacoma zoo yet another time. We have to make certain that we milk that membership for all that it's worth!

This summer Channing, Peyton, and Avery (well, I should hardly say Avery--he was a slacker!) took some art lessons from there Prof Bridget. She is so talented with the arts and world religions, so I am always attempting to "use" her whenever I can. Above, Channing is sharpening his tools to continue his drawing that he submitted to the Kitsap County Fair. He was the only kid with enough self-discipline to finish his project and have it submitted. I was really impressed; and very proud of him! He did a great job and ended up winning 3rd place in his age division which went up to age 17--not bad! I can't wait to get all the kids doing something in the fair next year; it gets our family in free and they really learn a lot putting together something worth entering. Who knows--maybe I will even enter the baking contest?! Tarra- Bridget- Anna.... What do you say?
I got this candid shot of Killian as he was pooping out, ready for a nap. I thought it was so cute; here he was simply giving up and finding a cozy spot on the hard wood floor for a nap!



My little mama and ballerina loving and doting on Killian as usual. Did I mention that Maribella began ballet this fall? She is really enjoying it... and it comes in handy for me when she is stomping around like an elephant I quip, "Mari, is that how ballerinas run?" She then attempts to prance around so much more ladylike!



Killian what is that face? Don't you like the idea of betrothal? Two adorable little ones.. 1 year old now!



2 comments:

Jenne said...

I love that one of Maribella and Killian!! So cute. And little sleepy Killian is so adorable. Glad to have an update post to enjoy!

Way to go Channing!!

Anna said...

Congrats Channing!

I would love to enter a baking item next year, great idea! I also heard that some fairs have a scrapbooking contest too!