Thursday, October 9, 2008

Summer Fallout...

So, before I begin my explanation of our sabbatical from blogging let me say, I am already suffering sleepless nights riddled in guilt so please offer me some grace as I say I really have no idea where the summer slipped off to! We did manage to camp 3 times which I think is pretty darn good for a family of 8. We went to the beach several times, went to the zoo twice, played with friends, and in general enjoyed the break while mama studied and readied myself for this school season. My job is never at rest; just getting ready for "what's next?"
This picture above of Maribella is her in "mid spin" as she was parading down the runway at a fashion show in Mill Creek with our dear friends Ainsley and Auntie Bridget. Maribella was frozen with stage fright-- but thankfully she had Ainsley to pave the way to princess-hood. It was hilarious and an adorable experience. I love our girlie opportunities... Don't you love the polka dot dress? So cute!
This terrific shot above is at Cama Beach State Park where we camped with my extended family. The kids are building their own wooden boats with their cousins. They had a such a terrific time. It is such a joy to watch them with their cousins who they adore. Everyone in this photo is related to us...
Finley intently hammering away; maybe a carpenter in the makings. Looks a little like his daddy, don't you think?
Maribella and her cousin Rebekah who whe adores!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That place looks so fun. I wanna go sometime.